2010-11-20

My First Hackintosh

My previous desktop Mac was a PowerMac G5 bought in 2006. There are two things I do not like about it. First, it is slow and second, it is as loud as a hoover. My very first Mac was the original 1.25GHz Mac Mini. This was the Mac I liked the most so far. The truly stunning Mac operating system running on absolutely quiet hardware.

When the PowerMac began to show its age to the point where it was no longer bearable I looked for a new desktop Mac. The Mac Pro has become far too expensive and the iMacs are nice, but come with glossy screens only. Early 2010 I came across Cindori Custom: Building an i7 Hackintosh on the macrumors.com forums. An i7 based Mac for about the half the price of an original Mac Pro. This I had to try it out.

My shopping list:

The virgin case

DSC_2482.JPG

Most parts assembled

DSC_2532.JPG

Booting ...

DSC_2551.JPG

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment