2011-02-27

Upgraded SleepEnabler.kext to 10.6.6

After upgrading to 10.6.6, I had to install a new version of SleepEnabler.kext. Since I have patched and built SleepEnabler from source for 10.6.5, I upgraded my own version to 10.6.6.

Version specific operating system header files

$ uname -v
Darwin Kernel Version 10.6.0: Wed Nov 10 18:13:17 PST 2010; root:xnu-1504.9.26~3/RELEASE_I386

I downloaded xnu-1504.9.26.tar.gz from www.opensource.apple.com and diffed the version specific operating system header files. Luckily, none of them changed so I simply pulled in the 10.6.6 changes from SleepEnabler's main source.

My Mercurial clone on googlecode.com

The name of my clone is no longer appropriate, but I didn't feel like creating another clone. If you would like to check it out:

$ hg clone https://macfiets-10-6-5.googlecode.com/hg/ macfiets-10-6-5

- MacFiets

2 comments:

  1. Why you not provide installer for this? Many people cannot use terminal softs and get confused. Would be better for you make auto matic installer which upgrades sleeping kext to make computer like the sleep without breaking panics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I ran into kernel panics when upgrading to 10.6.5. At this point I wanted to learn how to compile the Sleepenabler.kext myself. I kept some notes how I did this and posted it here in case anyone else wants to give it a try.

    I am afraid I am not going to provide an installer, mainly because of lack of time. I still haven't upgraded to 10.6.7 for the same reason. Feel free to drop me an email if there is any "terminal stuff" you would like to understand better.

    If you are looking for an installer, then I'd recommend checking out iBoot and MultiBeast from tonymacx86.

    ReplyDelete